Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just. Can't. Help. Myself.

I try to avoid it, I do. I go to pet shops and deliberately stay away from the clothing section. Sure, I have been known to make my dog a halloween outfit or two, but for the most part I am a good dog mommy and don't subject her to such indignities. Then we went to PetsMart. And the easter stuff is out. And DD found "it". Yes, ladies and gents, I bought my dog a bunny hat. I don't know what came over me! I know it is wrong. And even worse, the minute we tried it on her we both collapsed on the floor in laughter, and poor Ruby kept coming right up into our faces to see what was wrong, and we would look into those buggy eyes under those bunny ears, and laugh even harder. Cruel, so cruel. Here she is staring intently at a - what is that, a carrot coloured treat? She isn't sure what we are laughing at and at this point wants to be part of the fun. Espeically if it means she gets treats. Here she is close up, starting to look a little suspicious now because we keep laughing. She likes to be PART of the fun, but sulks if she is laughed at. Poor thing. The autrocities I commit to her. But look at that FACE. Can you blame me? Now, as far as animal dressing goes, I am far from the worst. My sister not only has an entire tote of animal costumes, she knows what size her cat wears. Did you hear that? SHE KNOWS WHAT SIZE HER CAT WEARS! That is a sickness in a category all it's own. And even worse than THAT horror of horrors, her cat is a boy and she keeps buying him dresses. That, my friends, is a therapy bill waiting to happen. I have not yet tried to dress my cats. I can only imagine the blood shed that would go on if I even tried. Xena is suspicious and skittish enough as it is. Once she got her head caught in the handle of a plastic grocery bag and bounced off the walls for 20 minutes before I could catch and free her. Her heart was going a mile a minute. I don't think she would survive a dress. Or baby clothes. Jasmine on the other hand is not timid. We are talking bite-you-to-within-an-inch-of-your-life and kick-you-with-the-back-feet-and-kill-you-very-badly. Even if I could get a dress on her, I would never survive getting it off again. Sure, I bath her once a month but we have an arrangement about that. She doesn't like having a stinky butt, I don't like having to bath a cat, but we both look the other way and it gets done with no bloodshed. Ruby has now figured out that the general mirth around here is centered toward her, and is in full sulk mode. Have you ever seen a sulking pug? They pout with their lips, and flutter their eyes and look all sad and squishy. Impossible to resist, it is. Poor baby bunny. I might use this as my easter card. Not that I send easter cards. But if I did, this would be it. Wook at that widdle face! Poor woobie. Tee hee!

3 comments:

JenTX said...

If I were you, I'd steer clear of any black "jelly beans"! Bwahahahahaahahaaa! Love her face! Tooooo cute but she's gonna get ya!

Wanda said...

You're a cruel, cruel woman, Dances. ...Did they have the bunny hats in large and maybe some chicky hats in small? Why am I asking...? Um..no reason...

DancesInGarden said...

I refuse to answer that, as it may cause further dressing of animals and my karma can't handle much more. *snort*