Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ahhhhhh Chooooo!

I still have that cold or whatever it is that started on March 10th. The fever and chills are gone, but the body aches and muceous have decided to stick around. And now I also have the SNEEZES. Every few minutes, I have a sneezing fit. Not little kitty sneezelets, we are talking body-wracking-throw-whatever-you-are-holding-into-the-air explosions, and usually three or more in a row. Which DD and DH find incredibly funny for some reason. My eyes are puffy and achey - who knew eyes could be achey? My nose is both runny and stuffy, which defies the laws of physics if you ask me. I no longer have sinuses, I have canals that have a current all their own. It is liveable, actually. But the weather here has turned colder (we had some snow last night) and now I am back in the body aches camp and would rather just roll myself into a comfortor and lie on the couch to wait for my demise. On top of that, I sprayed mildew remover in the tub and now my eyes are watering from the bleachy smell. The spot where the tub meets the wall (the part that has the caulking on it) has become my nemesis. No matter how much scrubbing, how much bleaching, how much swearing, that line always looks like the black plague. I have even replaced it, digging out the old caulk and adding new anti-bacterial anti-fungal bathroom stuff to no avail. So we have brought out the big guns. Commercial mildew remover that has one line of directions and 98 lines of warnings. Including my personal favourite "Do not spray on painted surfaces unless you are planning to repaint". So this stuff strips paint. I can only hope it will remove the mildew! Now, is it just that I have a freakishly messy family, or am I wrong in thinking that most normal people don't have to scrub their toilet every two days? If it isn't a ring around the water line (which is really our water supply and not the people using the potty causing that), it's the smudges in the bottom. And do I need to see smudges first thing in the morning? No, I do not. Do I WANT to scrub a toilet before I am even awake? No, I do not. But that is what happens around here...we don't always get what we want. We won't even discuss what happens under the rim and the underside of the seat. *Shudder*. I am beginning to wish I had my own bathroom so I only have to deal with my OWN filth every day. If we forgot even ONCE to rinse the toothpaste from the sink, my mother would drag us by the hair back to the bathroom to make that sink and tap SHINE. Now, I won't be doing any dragging. But could they at least keep the toothpaste in the sink, and not on the mirror? How does that glob of toothpaste end up on the mirror at all, I wonder. Sure, spatters maybe. But a chunk of it? How does that even happen? They both deny any involvement. But I KNOW it is not me, because the toothpaste on the mirror is blue, and the toothpaste I use is white. We all have our own toothpaste, maybe I should start buying DH green toothpaste so I can find out who is behind the mirror shenanigans by colour coding. Then there is the kitchen sink. I don't like dirty dishes in my sink. We have a dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full or running, I would rather plates be scraped and stacked neatly on the counter above it. SCRAPED and STACKED NEATLY. Sometimes DH will fill the sink with cold water and dump dishes into it - toast crusts, milk sludge, and all. And that sink will sit that way for days because there is NO WAY I am putting my hand in there, not even to pull the plug. Finally DH will get disgusted (both with the smell and my constant nagging to do something about those disgusting dishes) and drain the sink and do something about the dishes (put them in the dishwasher usually). Things get dumped in the sink, and then not rinsed down. So our sink always looks like a war zone. Every time I use the kitchen, I have to scrub the sink because I can't stand the thought that it is right next to where I prepare food, and it looks like THAT. Once DH was making fun of me as I scrubbed the sink and gagged. He got sprayed with bleach water. He hasn't laughed or made fun of it since then. Wonder why? Messy is fine, dirty is not. Clutter is fine, garbage is not. A half cup of tea and coffee left out on the table is tolerable, a bowl of sludgy cereal milk is not. Sometimes the cats help here and lick up the milk before it becomes a problem. In fact, if you look away, they try to help you finish your cereal milk before you finish your cereal. Ew! If I catch them helping, I give them the whole bowl. They walk through their litterbox then lick their paws. I don't want that kind of potty mouth in my cereal! Note that cats on the table are not the issue, just cats eating out of my plate before I am done doing so myself. To me, a tablecloth is a dirty zone anyway. Which means a plate can go on the cloth but forks and other implements are on a napkin or your plate or in your hand at all times. No food items are placed on the tablecloth unless you want me to snatch them up and throw them away. Once, we were having breakfast in a restaurant. DD took the orange slice garnish from her plate and placed it on the table. DH, thinking he would be nice, picked it up and flung it into my plate. Since I like oranges, why shouldn't I have an extra? It landed right on my eggs. Breakfast was OVER for me. I would have had to order a whole new breakfast if I were to eat, and my appetite was gone anyway. Sometimes, in a restaurant, he will take his roll off his plate and place it directly on the table. Makes my hair stand on end! Even if I am not expected to eat it, once it has touched the table my mind screams and I can't stand the thought of somebody else eating it either. Funny, I can use a public restroom (and no hovering) but won't eat food that hits even my own table. What does that MEAN? Now, the rest of my house is falling apart. I have sink, toilet, and tub issues. But for some reason dust is clean. And hey, after it gets to a certain point the dust never really gets any deeper ;). When the cats start sneezing I give everything a once over (with the vacuum. Why push dust around with a cloth if I can suck it up and remove it completely with the vacuum?). And my bedroom looks like the church clothes closet. You know, the room where there are donated clothes in piles everywhere, where the needy can come and paw through to find what they need? That is my bedroom. Piles of DH's jeans that are too tattered to wear but too good to throw out. Piles if DD's clothes that she has grown out of and need to be sorted (to donate, to sell, to pass on to friends and family). Piles of my own clothes that need to be tried on and sorted (fits, will fit, too small but not small enough to get rid of because they aren't THAT small, too small and no way in HELL will I fit in those anytime soon, and so on). And the baskets of clean clothes that just never got folded and put away. Living out of the laundry basket, is what I call it. When we were kids my father made our beds. Captain style with built in drawers. We had three girls in one room. My bed butted up against my sisters bed so close that I could not use the drawers. My clothes were in baskets in the closet. You would think I would rebel against that, but for some reason living out of basket (or suitcase) is comforting. I can see everything in there, I know how many pairs of underwear I have, and when it is time to do laundry. Dh hates hates hates it. I know it would make both our lives happier if I used the chest of drawers instead of the floor and baskets. And I am worse for clothes-in-front-of-the-hamper than he ever was. And I promise I will work on it. Right after I scrub the toilet, wash the bathroom mirror, and rinse the tub. Ah Choo. AH CHoooo. AAAAHHHHH CHOOOOOO! Partners in Crime LOL. DD is wearing her Snow White outfit. It was a halloween costume she wore when she was four, that was gigantic. We think somebody put a women's size costume in the package for the child size, hoping to pay the lower price and maybe were interrupted before they could buy it. We had to pin it everywhere on her to make it fit. But at least she gets a play outfit for a few years! They had both been teasing me right before I took this picture, which explains the twinkle in both their eyes ROFL.

1 comment:

itwasonlyadollar said...

Just wanted you to know that I really love your Blog. Reading it is one of the first things I do each day. We have a lot in common, kind of what I refer to as "quirks" in human nature. Keep on...