Thursday, May 04, 2006

A boring recycle day

It is recycle day here today. Usually that is good for some entertainment, as Ruby goes ballistic for some reason when the truck goes by. And when he stops and dumps our stuff in, she barks so hard she roos. In fact, I noticed when I brought DD to school that DH hadn't put the boxes out so I ran and did it myself - I wouldn't want Rube to have to wait another two weeks to get in a good "what for". All for naught. She is sleeping under my desk and didn't even twitch a whisker when the truck came by. I feel so let down ROFL. Not long after it was gone she got annoyed with me (I am fidgity today), heaved a big sigh, tsked, and went upstairs to lie on the couch. Well EXCUSE ME. My legs have been driving me mad. I can't get comfortable, not even to sleep. My one foot is all clenched up, it feels like there is a tennis ball under the arch of my foot when I step down. That whole leg is rigid. The muscles of my other leg are crawling around (tightening and loosening. Flex your calf muscle as slow as you can, then let it relax as slow as you can. Now imagine every individual muscle doing that of it's own accord and at different rates). It's doesn't HURT per se, but it feels really gross and my mind sometimes reads it as nausea. And the muscle jerks are bad today. Nerve fires. My nerves will fire off for no reason, causing me to jerk a hand, leg, whatever. A few times my knee has hit the underside of my desk, and I've transferred my coffee to a covered travel mug to minimize spills. I am a walking freak show today. Good thing there is nothing wrong with me *rolls eyes*. There are days when I would give my kingdom for a muscle relaxant. My doctor doesn't believe in them long term. He says I will build up dependencies on them. I don't want oxies, I just want something to loosen my legs every once in a while so I can have a break. It's probably for the better anyway - when he did give me a few, I slept like a baby but talk about nasty the next day. Dragon lady supreme. Even worse than normal ;). Now, even though I can't FEEL most of these muscles, they sort of ache. A deep deep ache that can't be massaged out. Almost like I can't find the right spot no matter how hard I try. Ever have muscle and joint aches from the flu? It's like that, only with less vomiting. My mind tells me a whirlpool bath would make me feel better, but until I get my own private one person tub with jets, it ain't gonna happen my friend. I can not make myself get into a jacuzzi when I know other people have been in that water. People soup is what I call it. Dead skin cells, bacteria, fecal coliforms, hair, who knows what all else is in that water. You can chlorinate it, you can dump batch after batch of chemicals in it, no way will that water ever be clean enough for me to sit in. Somehow, a pool is okay but a spa tub is not, in Dances Land. Dipping the nether regions of strangers in hot water like tea bags can only lead to bad things. Nice visual, isn't it? I had to share it, why should I be the only person ready to hurl! Professional massages are good, but then I would have to shave my legs. It has to be a REAL special occasion for that to happen (you can send sympathy cards to my DH later). I don't care that the masseuse would SEE them, but the thought of massage oil being rubbed on hairy skin makes my brain short circuit a little. And you have to use oil, who wants to pay for a gigantic indian burn? That was a rhetorical question, by the way, not an invitation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

Nic said...

I can relate to your thoughts on hot tubs. I couldn't have said it nearly as well as you did but I feel the same way! My favorite part was the comparison to tea bags being dipped in hot water! LOL

Sorry that you are having a rough day.

ps...my 9 year old and I are in love with Ruby! We squeal and giggle and oooooh and ahhhhh each time there is a picture of her.
All I have to say is....''OH! a picture of Ruby'' and he comes running!

JazmynsMom said...

BTW: I love your blog, and have been reading regularly.

On the subject of hot tubs, I call it "butt juice soup" which is, perhaps, even more horrific a concept than "people soup." I refuse to immerse myself in all but one: the pre-massage hot-tub at my favorite spa... that one's OK because it is preceeded by an elaborate bathing ritual by all users, so while not sterile, it's as good as it gets (and I always follow it up by repeating the bathing ritual for good measure). I digress. My point is: I get it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

esusetain said...

We actors don't get a lot of ukpoolstore till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our ukpoolstore regardless. ukpoolstore
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

aidin said...

Interesting blog about sanosil spa, keep up the good work sanosil spa