Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What can you do, grumpinella grumpinella

...what can you do grumpinell from the zoo! According to my husband, I am grumpy. Right now he is vacuuming using the new machine, and keeps "updating" me on how well it is working. He wants me to come see. It's a freaking vacuum. Either the floor is clean or it is not, there is no reason for me to come look. He just peeked his head around the corner to inform me that the built in duster does not work. It works, you can't go flailing about with it. Basically he made a sweep of a dusty shelf, then flung the thing back and forth in the air to see if it held the dust. Nope, it does not, he said as clumps of dusty fuzz fell to the ground. You can't swing it around like a sword, you dope! Honestly. I think he does this on purpose so that I can get pissed off at him. Maybe he likes when my face turns purple and that vein does that funny thing in my temple. Being funny is one thing, but not being helpless or stupid, and really today is not a good day for being funny now that I think about it. I'm not in the mood. It doesn't help that it seems the more hostile I am, the more he "gets it" either. In better news, I finally bought myself a pair of "ugly shoes". Crocs, Air walkers, they come by many names now. But they look like big rubber clogs and usually come in bright colours. Mine are dark blue. I would have preferred apple green or bright pink or fleuroescent yellow, but there were no choices in my size. I figure if something is going to be THAT ugly, it should go ugly in a big way, but that is just me I guess. I am using them to kick myself, because though they had been recommended to me a long time ago by a people I trust and whose opinions I value in these matters (waving madly to several people at the KT), I just never thought about it. But there was a buy-one-get-one-half-price sale at the shoe store, and we needed one more pair of shoes to get half price. And there they were - ugly as sin and beckoning to me. I wore them to make dinner last night, and have barely taken them off since. Paired with my special socks that are short, breathable, and non-rubbing for diabetic feet, I am in tootsie heaven. These really are like walking on air. Don't know if I could, like, walk around the mall in them, but they are super comfy. I do believe my legs even cramped a bit less last night. Though that could be wishful thinking. And in other bad news, my sister's dog Tia is not doing well. She was found once again the other night, near death. Sugar down to 2, unresponsive, and starting to sieze. They got her to the vet in time, and after glucose she perked right up (syrup and jam at home did not help). Tia is not a big eater, and they think when she has a busy day she uses up her energy stores. Then she crashes when she sleeps because there is nothing to draw on. I don't know that she would get up at night and go eat if she was hungry anyway. I sent some of Ruby's food over to see if she would eat that, but she turned her nose up at it. And until you've seen a guinea-pig-sized poodle turn her nose up at something, you haven't seen anything LOL. She did eat some yogurt off a spoon though, and some fruit loops of all things. She won't eat at all when my sister is not there either. When I saw her.......well. Let's just say that she isn't herself and I am worried about her. The vet said she may have a tumour on her pancreas which could cause these crashes, but the tests are so expensive and there is no treatment anyhow, he advises to wait and see if she crashes again. Poor widdle thing. I get teary eyed when I think about it, I love that dog. *sniff sniff*. I am such a sap LOL. Sometimes the unexpected things in life are the best. Weeks after planting the garden, DD wanted to play in there and planted a packet of mixed seeds. Three of these sprouted, and they are the biggest, tallest sunflowers I have ever seen. They are above the level of her second story window! It would be great if at any point they were turned towards the window, but of course, sunflowers never face the way you want them to LOL. I didn't think they would bloom, they were planted so late. But they are proving me wrong. I guess there is no denying it. Jasmine is fat. And she is fat because she sleeps and eats at the same time. When she lies down she looks even fatter, because she spreads out like a pancake LOLOLOL. Here she is looking grumpy at me because the flash woke her from her nappy. Yes, she is using her dish as a pillow. And inside that dish is diet food, specially measured and doled out with an iron fist. She gets no other food, I swear. She must be catching some big, fat bugs in the basement or something. In which case, I am NOT going to deter her. *shudder*. And here is my little seal pup. Look how fat and shiny she is LOL. When she sleeps like this, she looks like a cross between a baby seal, a mole, and an otter. Her new coat is coming in glossy as coal. That makes me feel better about her home-made diet, even if she hasn't lost any weight. She hasn't gained any either, so there. The only thing I am going to change, is no longer buying her treats. Most dog treats are corn or wheat based. Pugs are prone to gunky ears, and I think Ruby' s ears are gunkier when she eats corn and wheat products. I plant to dehydrate meat, fruit, and veggie chips for her. At that point I will be doing more cooking and prepping for the dog, than for the family. Their choice ROFL.

No comments: