Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The end is near

I have one edge of the wrap completed and attached, and I am telling you it is getting harder and harder to come to terms with giving this thing up. I love everything about it. The colour, the pattern, the edging. Sigh. I would like to say I could make another one, but we all know THAT won't happen. The nice ridge there is created by crocheting through the wrap and the edging, pulling up a loop and finishing in a slip stitch. Much nicer than just grafting or sewing it on with an invisible seam (which are never invisible, by the way). Once I finish the other side, I will block it and post it again, because it is sure to be even lovelier than the lushious thing it is now. Isn't it nice that I can like my own work LOLOL? Went to that fancy schmancy gourmet market again today. It is my reward for going to my therapy appointments, you know. A little treat. And what did I buy today, for my little treat? Lunchmeat. That is right. Lunchmeat for DD and DH. No fancy veggies, no imported cheeses or artisan bread. Lunchmeat. Perhaps I need to get my priorities checked or something. Today is turning out to be one of those days when you have a thousand appointments and tasks to complete. No pressure or anything, just a lot to do. This morning I have already been to therapy, to the Dietitian (whom I hate with every fiber of my being because she is arrogant, rude, and has no clue about type 2 diabetes), and had an interview with a charity I would like to volunteer for. I didn't sense that I wowed them there, either. It's funny. I remember a time when it was EASY to volunteer. Lately it seems like it's harder than getting a paid job. But that is neither here nor there. This afternoon I have two work deadlines (still waiting for the data, of course) and after dinner DD and I have dentist appointments. And it is fund raising night for DD's school at a local kids type restaurant. We won't be eating there but will go for activities later if all goes well at the dentist. Tomorrow, Dr's appointment to discuss my blood sugar again. We upped the meds, we changed my diet again, we changed all the rules one more time and STILL that pesky A1c number is crappy. When my home testing numbers are good, that test is crappy. When my home testing numbers are bad, that test is crappy. I am beginning to think that no matter what I do it is going to be crappy, my organs are going to fail, I will go blind, and my limbs will drop off. If it is all inevitable, then I just want them to leave me the hell alone to live my life the way I want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work. It is a very nice wrap.

Please post a completed picture.

cmeknit said...

LYS!! I can't believe you haven't been...we have 2.
Both are on Ottawa street, Prattes Knitting Boutique and Knit One Purl One.