Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cat in the Flat Hat

I have knitted in the round before. Using DPN's. No problemo. Yet for some reason, this hat is really testing my constitution. And seeing as I have a particularly weak constitution and poor character, this is a grande problemo. Yes, bad spanish is warranted - this is how serious the problem has become! In desperation I am in the process of starting AGAIN, this time converting the pattern to knit flat. So far so good, but then again I just started the first stripe. Nowhere near a decrease yet. I feel a bit faint thinking about trying to decrease backwards on the wrong side rows. This is for my brother. I made the executive decision to use some crappy leftover acrylic, not because that is my opinion of him LOL, but rather I don't want to give him a hat that will take more care than his dog. He needs a hat he can toss in the wash, wear in the rain, wrestle from the dog when she steals it, that sort of thing. And if I don't get off my rump and get some knitting done, he will be getting a brown and green stripey headband. Want to see something weird and freaky? Credric the murderous goldfish sleeps behind the filter uptake tube. He has gotten big, and frankly, it freaks me out when he does this. I am not sure if he is sleeping, hiding, what. But still, gives me the willies. This is the view from in front. Then from the other side. Yucko! He stretches the whole length of that tube, and it's almost 1 1/2 feet long. Now thatsa bigga fishie. I live in fear of finding him dead, he is waaaaay too big to flush. Went back to the store yesterday to get things we couldn't get or forgot the last trip. Now tonight I am going back again to get the supplies needed for our christmas baking. I am starting to feel like I need to start either working or sleeping at the store, to save driving time. The school informed us we CAN give home baked goodies to teachers as gifts as long as they are well wrapped and marked if they contain nuts, peanuts, strawberries, or dairy. So DD's teacher will get a cookie box (mixed cookies, about three dozen plus fudge, peanut brittle, candies, and so on). Her music teacher and early literacy (reading) teacher will get a smaller container of fancier cookies each. The secretary has been a great help to us this year, so she is getting a Starbucks certificate. Don't think I haven't noticed the grande cup sitting on her desk every morning LOL. I already know she doesn't eat sweets so cookies are out for her anyway. Either way, if we don't start the baking soon we won't have time to finish it all. I've done the "three a.m. chocolate dipping while cookies bake and cool" on the last day before Christmas vacation and I don't want to do it again. Off to make ANOTHER shopping list!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors of that hat. I haven't been brave enough to try DPN's yet, but maybe someday...LOL.

That is one huge goldfish.