Monday, February 19, 2007

Three at a blow

I have no less than three laptops going, and I am not getting everything done. THREE. Something is going to have to give, between home and work, and I think it is going to be my mind. This weekend I mostly worked and cooked and did laundry. I think I went pee a few times and distantly remember standing on a hill in the freezing cold while DD went sledding, but mostly it was work and cook. And clean the kitchen. I am not sure what to do. My job is killing me. Basically, I am doing THREE managerial position jobs. I am getting paid salary based on forty hours per week (which is a laugh, I have never worked only 40 hours) and don't get paid for overtime. My manager is basically hiding from me. I haven't heard from him since January. My calls go to voicemail, my email messages go unanswered. I know why. I am flying under the budget radar YET AGAIN and he wants to keep it that way. But as I said, something is going to have to give. A raise won't cut it, the stress alone is making my hair fall out and I have constant heartburn and chest pains. This is not good, people. This city is facing some devastating losses and job cuts (automotive industry is the main employer around here. And if you don't work directly for Ford, Daimler-Chrysler, or GM then you probably work in a feeder plant that supplies parts to them). Nobody is hiring because everybody is on "freeze". You don't want to expand your business if there will be nobody working and able to shop there in a few months, know what I mean? Back to the grindstone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if you quit turning stuff in.. do you think your manager would take your calls?

JenTX said...

Good grief, girl, you take multi-tasking to a whole new level! I can barely manage one computer and the microwave! LOL

I tend to agree with anon, do you think you can hold your work hostage to get your manager's attention?

We don't want you to wake up dead, ya know.