Thursday, May 24, 2007

Randomness

I've been tagged by Poops with a "Seven Random Things About Yourself" meme. This should have been very easy for me, since all of my thoughts are pretty darn random LOLOL. 1. For a person with germ issues, I am a messy housekeeper. There is a difference between DIRT and GERMS. Dirt can be germy and germs can be dirty and while not all dirt is germy all germs are dirty. Did you get that? This explains why I can live with an inch of dust on the piano, but a tiny spot of bird poop on the comforter sparked a linen washing frenzy. Poop, while dirty, is above all, GERMY. Dust is just dirty, for the most part. The first person that mentions that dust is made primarily of mite poop and skin cells has to provide me with a free year of bleach. 2. Ruby and I have a nightly ritual, whereby I will hold her like a baby, kiss her all over her face (which she hates) and use high pitched baby talk to tell her she has a stinky face. “Oh! You stinky! Kiss kiss…pew pew pew stinky face!”. I call her Doodlebug in a sing song voice and make loud smoochy noises. I just can’t help it, when she is tired she is so warm and soft and squishy! And stinky. Then I keep kissing her and call her grumpy, which comes out sounding like “gwappy”. Dh rolls his eyes and acts like I have lost my mind. But secretly I think he wants to do it too LOL. 3. I never dip my cookies in milk. In fact, I rarely eat cookies. But if I do, and they are sandwich cookies, they HAVE to be pulled apart. First you eat the icing. Then you take a bite of cookie and a sip of ice cold milk and chew it all together. That way the cookie doesn’t get soggy, the milk doesn’t get sludgy, and we all know eating the cookie WITH the icing is just wrong. Don’t we? 4. My mind holds onto trivial bits of information (like feeding goldfish peas if they swim upside down) but refuses to retain other important bits of info, like my cell phone number. If I need to give it out, hope my phone is charged so I can check it or else I have no idea what the number is. I have had to use a payphone to call my sister and ask her to check her caller ID from another day and rattle off the number for me. I don’t know which is worse, the fact I can’t remember my own number or the fact that she saves her caller ID for so long because she can’t remember it either. And that she will check it over and over again and never complains. 5. I can, and have, happily had a bowl of cereal for dinner when nobody else was home. And once or twice when they WERE home. 6. I have come to realize that I like almost all colours (depending on the application), but I am very drawn to certain colours of green. And stripes. And while in my teenage years I did my best to avoid pink like the plague, lately those wonderful hot pinks have caught my eye. Black t-shirt with bling and a pink skull and crossbones? This is my milieu and I have been waiting for it my whole life. Who knew my fashion sense would soon be main stream! 7. It was really hard not to make all seven things about food. Or mental illness. Or the pets. I need to get out more. Wait, is that a different random fact? Ah heck. One for free!

1 comment:

anette said...

speaking of random, email me please. i would like to talk to you about the poppy quarter.

anettemartinrn@yahoo.com