Friday, June 01, 2007

Good things come to those who wait

I had a laser hair removal appointment yesterday. I had the day off, so I wasn't in any rush - which was good because they were behind by a bit. After waiting for almost 15 minutes past my appointment, it turned out that the room had been mistakenly booked for a one hour procedure when in reality it was a two hour procedure. I didn't want to sit and wait THAT long. So they offered me a free pedicure! How can I turn that down, seeing as I was planning on booking one for next time anyhow. I also got my brows waxed which I have been wanting to do. No strange surprized look or pencil thin line, just a clean up LOL. Did you know I have TWO eyebrows? Who'd a thunk it ;). I actually like the natural shape of my brows. Not too bushy, and with just a bit of clean up along the bottom of the arch and the bridge of the nose they look pretty good. I have used those strips before (that look like clear tape) and they work okay but I wanted to try a professional job. Much better, and no multiple tries in the same area. And it only cost nine dollars. Which, I don't know if that is a LOT of money or what but it was less than I thought. Of course, I wasn't expecting a pedicure so I was wearing the wrong shoes, the wrong pants, and hadn't shaved my legs. We rolled up my jeans and they gave me these thin flip flop thingies to wear. As for the hairy legs? Meh. I don't care much about that. I am one of the few women of the world that does not get embarassed about it. There are reasons I don't shave my legs often, and the hair is fine and sparse and frankly, people need to be more upset about the real issues of the world than about a dumpy frumpy mother-of-one who needs a leg shave. Sure, smooth shiny hairless legs look pretty. So does Brad Pitt. Let's face it, there are more men LESS like Brad Pitt than there are that DO look like him. If I have to deal with THAT disappointment, then a few people can deal with my fish-belly-white hairy legs. As for the laser appointment, well, they are getting more and more traumatizing. So far I like the results but we still have a ways to go under the chin area. And they turn it up a bit each time, and frankly, this time it fricken hurt! Next time it will be possitively swearable I am sure. I hope the technician doesn't have tender ears, because I have some good swears in me (despite my outward appearances and the fact that it is hilariously funny when I swear. Kind of like how funny it is when your 80 year old grandmother tells a dirty joke without realizing that is what it is. Grandma, if you are reading this, "boner" does not mean what I think you think it means). We had the Brownie pot luck last night, and the Sparks and Guides and Pathfinders were there as well. Once again I am amazed at how often adults have to be reminded to be quiet. Talking during the ceremony, talking louder than the singing while the girls put on their shows. There was an incessant cell phone ring. The person would look at the phone and decide not to answer it, but let it continue ringing. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and said "Turn. The. Ringer. Off". I got a very startled look but they did just that. Sheesh! Very few people sampled the cheeseburger macaroni I made (basically mac and cheese creamy style with meatballs in it). I was disappointed. It was really good. The people that did take it went back for seconds. I think maybe people thought it was some strange macaroni salad. Or maybe it was just too hot to eat mac-n-cheese in a hall that is not air conditioned and packed with people. Who knows. I will divide it and freeze it for future meals. I wouldn't normally keep the leftovers, but it wasn't a finger type food with hands in it and frankly, there is too much left to waste it.

1 comment:

ilisa michele said...

Hi there - wanted to give you a quick laser warning - 6 weeks ago an actual dermatologist burnt me with the laser on my neck! I just went back to her for a check up because I'm left with a scar that looks suspiciously like a hickey! (how embarrassing). She claims it will fade in a few months, but still... So, don't let them turn it up too much. Your skin may be too sensitive, like mine.

See you on the Cooking Forum.

AM