Friday, June 08, 2007

I am not ready for the truth

While cleaning the downstairs bathroom today (shut up. Even I clean things once in a while), I saw something around the toilet. Well, some THINGS. Things that looked suspiciously like mouse poop. Uh oh. I grapped a clorox wipe and wiped them up, then did a closer inspection. What a minute, those aren't mouse droppings! Those are.....sniff sniff......cookie crumbs. Now, the knowledge that we may have a mouse problem would have been daunting enough. But finding cookie crumbs mean a truth that is much, much worse. Somebody Has Been Eating In The Bathroom. Possibly. While. On. The. Toilet. There is no word, no bolding, no font dire enough to convey my feelings on that sentence. Lexapro my arse, I'll need a truckload before THAT thought ceases to make me want to drink bleach. Suffice it to say I had to dig very deep to stifle the urge to go running and screaming from the house, arms flinging in wild circles while my mind short circuits. Carry on about your day, while I have a nervous breakdown in the closet.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Can I hide in the closet with you? I nearly bumped into a coworker today, just managing to avoid spilling her mug full of coffee. Then I noticed WHICH doorway she'd just exited. Yup. YUK! I've also found the office's communal copy of the newspaper back on the table in the breakroom AFTER I've seen that same newspaper lying on the counter in the bathroom. *shudder* So I eat at my desk.

Anonymous said...

From what I understand you desk contains more germs than the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

My grandma always said eating while on the toilet was "feeding the Devil."
I can't imagine anyone doing that.

anettemartinrn said...

more likely, one of your less-than-fastidious cohabitors went potty with cookie crumbs all over his/her shirt. calm down, get out of the closet, take a breath. ...and have a cookie :)...

anette

Anonymous said...

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... girl -- have the animals taken you hostage?

Anonymous said...

I guess she isn't finished having her nervous breakdown since she hasn't been seen for days.