Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What's for dinner?

Decisions decisions. Do I actually make dinner, or do I feign death and hope they fend for themselves? I think I understand know why victorian women had so many fainting spells. It had nothing to do with tight corsets and arsenic habits for lily white skin - it was to get out of housework. "What was that? What's for dinner? Oh my, I am feeling faint.....". I actually like to cook. But there are days when I just cannot face the idea of cooking another lump of protein and pile of starch for the blandness twins. No colour on the plate, no flavour in the food, no inspiration nor freshness. Boring. So here I sit, nothing defrosted, no ideas for sides. But I DO know that MY meal will be accompanied with red and yellow peppers, some cherry tomatoes, and a veggie mix of snap peas, broccoli, and carrots. Heck, I guess I will make chicken. Everything tastes like chicken anyway, right?

1 comment:

Poops said...

I vote for feigning death. I do it all the time...