Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am considering cheating

Temptation is hard to resist. Does one stick with the same old thing, day in and day out? Or does one go out and seek the new and exciting? Perhaps find something that is lacking at home? Or maybe instead of finding new, what about rediscovering the old? What you have already passed up once or set aside? Is it possible that a spark remains there, buried and hidden but awaiting a bit of breath before bursting into flame? This tank top with it's endless and mindless seed stitch makes me want to start a second project to break up the boredom. Wait a minute, what did you THINK I was talking about????? Get your minds out of the gutter, darlings. Or don't, but leave me out of it ;). I actually found myself starting to doze off last night. I am up to the straps. Well, more specifically the LEFT strap. Then on to the right strap, which is more of what I did for the LEFT strap and that is precisely what makes me long for something more exciting. At this point I am considering knitting MITTENS. And let me tell you, when the thought of knitting a mitten makes you tingle with excitement and it is 90 degrees with 100% humidity outside you KNOW you need a break from what you are doing. Or have a deep and serious problem. Why are you looking at me like that? Bleah. I just ate a flavoured jelly bean that tastes exactly like that orange flavered aspirin gum. Complete with the sour/bitter aspirin after taste. Ew. No more of those until I can look closely at what I am getting. Is it just me, or do grapefruit flavoured jelly beans kind of have an aftertaste of B.O.? Not that I have ever TASTED B.O. But if I had to guess what it tastes like by the smell, that would be it. Word to the wise. Stick to Jelly Bellies. Cheaper brand flavoured beans are just not worth it. They are too grainy and the flavours are off. Plus the map on the back is too blurry to read, and the colours don't remotely match anything inside the package so it is a crap shoot as to what you are getting. If my niece is reading this, it is all your mother's fault. Every time I go over there I can't resist that little dish of jelly bellies. This package of whatever-brand flavoured jelly beans was a direct result of a candy craving that came at the wrong place and the wrong time. I couldn't just show up at your house at midnight, grab a handful, and take off could I? No. And the closest store only had these. Wait a minute, does this make a jelly bean cheater too??????? I need to go lie down and evaluate a few things about the person I have become. Such a shame. Can't even stay loyal to a candy. I see mittens in my immediate future.

1 comment:

said...

maybe if you had a little baby cousin for me in your tummy, i would accept your 10pm cravings and allow you to kid (jelly?) nap my jelly bellies.
but of course not.
maybe i should take a vacation for your blog until AFTER my birthday. i wouldnt want to accidentally find out what gorgeousness you may knit for me:)
ps. only you could write a blog entry about jelly beans and knitting. your sooo my auntie<3