Thursday, September 13, 2007

Borderline Normal

Today I had the appointment I thought I had yesterday. The results of my last blood tests were in, and get this. Everything has gone down and is in exceptible ranges. And my blood sugar is "Borderline normal". To some people, "borderline normal" and "borderline high" mean the same thing. I can tell you it is NOT. I never thought I could feel so happy from something as little as being told I was borderline normal. Maybe it's because I have never been close to normal in ANYTHING. When it comes to skills I am either wonderfully gifted at something or I totally suck. There is no middle of the road. When it comes to fashion - well let's just say that I walk to the beat of not only a different drummer, but a whole different darn band. I am either way ahead of the times or way behind them. Never on time, destined to always be either early or late. I live a life of extremes. Borderline normal might be as close as I get. On a side note, I asked the doctor to look inside my ears. They are always sooooo itchy. We are talking shove an ice pick in there itchy here folks. I just brought Ruby in for the same problem, and seeing as she sleeps on my head I was starting to think maybe we had the same ear fungus or something. Hey, stranger things have happened. And stranger things DID happen. I knew something was up when he took a look and said "Something is in there". He said it veerrry calmly but I couldn't see his face so I couldn't judge whether he was really calm or doing the 'keep-the-voice-calm-to-avoid-scaring-the-patient-and-make-her-panic' motions. "I'll be right back". He vanishes out of the room and comes back with TWO students and a gigantic silver syringe type thingy. He lets the two young gentlemen take a look with their own respective scopes. I had to supress a giggle because I was thinking this was the closest I was ever going to get to a threesome in my lifetime, since I would never normally allow two strange men to be so close to me - and here they were with their faces millimeters away peeking into my ears. My innermost thoughts, if you will. Next my ears were flushed with water and the results shown to me. What could possibly have been in both ears and so fascinating to get two students for? Dog hair. I had DOG HAIR in my ears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so does this mean you have to wear earplugs, shower cap, bathing cap, or a nightcap to bed to keep the dog hair out? I know that sweet Ruuuby won't be changing her place to sleep... lol

Anonymous said...

I was worried for a minute--thinking it was something terrible---then I was laughing. I have a horrible fear of something getting in my ears while I am asleep--so I keep the covers over my ears--even if the body is not covered. My darling daughter had to point out that something could easily crawl under the covers and into my ears--some how I hadn't thought of that. Love your blog. Sheila--aka--doxiemom on KT