Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rain rain go away

My hip is killing me. Every time I stand up I get muscle spasms down the right side of my body and I feel like I am all crooked. It started after I got back from my last trip, and I thought it was from getting in and out of the Caliber. The height was fine, but the bucket seats were kind of form fitting and there was a good distance between the edge of the seat and the doorway. I had to sort of heave myself over the higher edge of the seat and stretch my leg way out so I could slide down and place it on the ground (avoiding that middle doorway area completely). To get back in, it involved stretching my other leg way over then making a jump for it, hoping I wouldn't get a car-seat-edge up the kaboodle. Getting in was more physically demanding. And though the seat was adjusted perfectly, I would bump my knee each and every time on this odd bump-out in the dashboard under the steering wheel. I think I started doing an odd thing with my leg as I was hurling myself into the vehicle to try and avoid that and over-stretched something. Or it could have just been the combo of the long drive two days in a row and the fact that it rained right after. Damp weather does me in. It has been a week and it is still bothering me. Today it is raining and it is that much worse. The heated rice pack works wonders while it is on, but as soon as it cools off and I try to stand, whammo. I have too much work to do to take any pain meds (which always make me sleep) and muscle relaxants make me loopy AND sleepy plus the added benefit of turning me into the meanest person alive the next day. I have NO idea why, but it is a fact. I guess I will just keep reheating the rice pad, but I am in danger of cooking my innards at this point. I think I know what a slow roasted joint of beef feels like. *Did I just call myself a cow?* Last night was DH's birthday. And I felt bad, but he had to make dinner for us all because I couldn't stand to stand, as they say. He made fettucini alfredo, and those two had "seafood medley" on top and I had some reheated veggies with mine. It was pretty darn tasty too. However, I did find a lonely and disembodied squid tentacle in the kitchen sink drain this morning. Must have escaped the colander, but it kind of looked like something was coming UP from the pipes *shudder*. I got him 36 dollars worth of lottery tickets LOL (mostly scratch tickets). He was thrilled. I haven't seen him smile like that in a long time. Simple pleasures, eh? He had a fun time scratching them too. Kept him busy for a while anyway. Then he went and browsed at Best Buy for movies. I know it sounds low-key and boring for a birthday, but this was a perfect date with him at this point LOL. Our anniversary is tomorrow and DD is going on a camping trip for the weekend so we plan on going to the art gallery and for dinner Friday (if we get back soon enough from dropping her off) or Saturday. Other than that I have a lot of work to do to finish up the last few things for my last day next week. I think I will be spending a lot of time on the computer this week-end. But then again, what else is new? Off to reheat the rice pad again.........

1 comment:

Gardengrl said...

Dances,

Have you ever heard of Craniosacral Therapy? It's kind of hard to explain, but if you Google it, you'll find lots of information.

It's holistic therapy/massage and it might help you with your back/legs. I've personally seen it do amazing and life altering things for people in pain.

I'm not sure if they have accredited therapists for this in Canada, but it's worth a shot versus taking all those meds.