Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rice, Rice, Baby

Last night's dinner was soooooo good. Lentils, basmati rice, and browned onions. Yum. Comfort food at it's finest. When my dad found out what I was having for dinner he asked "Where is the meat?". And you know, I never even thought about that LOL! I looked down at my plate of lentils and rice, two tbsp or so of cottage cheese, and a few baby pickled beets and laughed. Looked like a balanced dinner to me. DD had cream of mushroom soup and a ham sandwich. She decided to hold off on the mac-and-cheese and hotdogs until tomorrow when she has her Brownie meeting. Good choice. It is so fricken cold out there our furnace cannot keep up. I am wearing thick work socks, and a sweater. The cats snuggle into anything that looks warm, and Ruby has been crowding my feet. She has even been carting her bear everywhere for extra warmth LOL. Frankie is all fluffed up and Sparkle is snoozing in my sweater pocket. And still, I practically had to beat DD with a stick to get her to wear a winter coat, hat, and gloves to school. Now, I know it must have been infuriating for my mother. After all, there were four of us and I only have to deal with one child. But can't DD get it into her head to just WEAR the hat and gloves to make me happy, then take them off at school and shove them into her bag like we did? Sheesh. She has SO much to learn. I am in the mood to bake. Pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins I think. My brother has requested zucchini bread. I have the zucchini, so I guess I can make that too. I might need to get eggs. What is it about the colder weather that makes me want to bake quick breads? I have been craving chicken and dumplings, boiled dinner (stew made with meat and veggies like carrots and turnip and parnsips and the broth is left thinnish), roasted veggies, you know - harvest food. I also get the strong desire to bundle in a blanket with the animals and sip hot drinks and knit or read. But then again, I always have a strong desire to do that ;). This morning DH went to get a garbage bag and the carton they were in was wet and falling apart. The tank from our hot water tap is FUBAR and leaking. Poop. We can put it off if we have to (I do have a small kettle) but we use that tap several times a day. But right now, is it wise to drop 300.00 on a new one? Not sure about that. DD will be needing new winter boots and possibly a new coat. Christmas is coming. There are other things that need replacing soon. I need to find myself a sugar daddy ROFL. Or win the lottery. Or find a sugar daddy to buy lottery tickets for me. Or something.

No comments: