Monday, February 25, 2008

Just not in the mood

My stomach has been growling since before dinner last night. We were out to celebrate a birthday and the restaurant was not that great. The food I had was barely edible, DD felt the same way. DH liked his (pizza) but said it reminded him of microwave pizza. Which he happens to like, but DD and I would not have been happy with that either. So we left not very satisfied. DD had a snack before bed and was happier with that, but I can't seem to put a finger on what I want to eat. Now, we can get one thing straight. I know I can stand to miss a meal or two. My appetite has been a bit funny lately. When DH is on afternoons I often make something quick for DD and have cereal myself. Or sometimes I skip dinner altogether because there is nothing I feel like making for myself. Then I might have veggies and dip later, or a bowl of cereal after the child goes to bed and I have a moment to myself. Last week was pretty bad for that. And it extended into the week-end. I was hungry, but there wasn't anything it seemed I wanted. Same thing today. I had a piece of whole wheat toast with my pills, but there is nothing that I want to eat for lunch even though my stomach is doing a tap dance. Very odd. Maybe I will go browse in the fridge again. I've been doing that so often I expect penguins will start converging there soon ;). Meh, maybe it's the weather. Warm one day, freezing cold the next. Maybe I just need inspiration. Maybe, maybe, maybe I need somebody to come and cook me something!!

No comments: