Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What was the point again?

Dh was asked to come in early for work. On Day shift, that means he starts at 3:00am. He said why not, since he could leave 1/2 day early and still end up getting paid for more than eight hours because part of it is considered overtime from the day before. How it made sense to go in early then LEAVE early I will never understand. If they need extra help, doesn't that mean he left them short this afternoon? Whatever LOL. So he went to bed at like 7 pm last night and was up at about 2 am and gone. He came home about 11 this morning and is now back in bed sleeping. Hmmm. Slept all evening yesterday, gone then is now sleeping again. How exactly did that put him ahead? He said he wanted to do it to "spend more time with his family" but it seems like he has spent LESS time, doesn't it? Or is my math wrong? Anyway, he decided that he doesn't like it and won't be going in early again. Staying later is one thing, but getting up in the middle of the night is not his schtick. Ruby is not feeling well. She has been moping around, and barely looked at her breakfast this morning. She finally ate it after staring sadly for almost an hour. Which scared me half to death because when a pug does not eat, you KNOW something is wrong. She doesn't seem sick exactly, and I touched her all over and nothing seems to hurt. She has been gassy though - killer burps this time. Maybe something is not agreeing with her. As to what that might be? Your guess is as good as mine. She gets dry dog food, small treats, and the occasional baby carrot from us. But this is a doggie that will eat sock lint, happily crunch up crickets and slurp up worms from the patio on rainy days, and will attempt to eat the same paper dot about six times before leaving it on the end of her nose for me to pick off. She doesn't chew things or eat toys or anything though. I called the vet and we agreed that if she doesn't perk up later and eat her dinner as normal I will bring her in tomorrow. It's time for her shots again anyway. Speaking of shots, I am scared to death about them. Last year she had a reaction after getting them and her lips and face swelled up. Then her paws got all itchy and she acted like she couldn't walk. It was horrible and I still haven't recovered from it. Talk about hysterical! DH said I was calmer when DD got hurt last summer. I told him that was because I knew I had to control the situation and I knew what needed to be done. When Ruby reacted to the shot I had no idea what to do. It went from "What the heck?" to "She isn't breathing right" in about four minutes. Scary stuff. This time I have to leave her there for a few hours afterwards to make sure it doesn't happen again, and they might give her something at the same time just in case. I think I will take a blanket and bundle up with Roo-roo on the couch for some snuggle time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Roo-Roo -- maybe she's finally figured out that you're just teasing her about the chihuahua.....

Anonymous said...

How is RUUBY feeling today? Better?