Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The trouble with skylights

There is a skylight above my cubicle.  It is the closest thing to a "window" this office has, so I am not complaining.  However.

 

Today it is cold and rainy, and the sound of the drops hitting that thing are putting me to sleep……..and making me have to pee every five minutes.  This is not a good combination, folks.  I would hate to fall asleep then wet the bed while I am at work.

 

I have been trying to keep myself awake by eating Clementine oranges and soft puffy peppermints but it doesn't seem to be working.  All I have to show for the effort is rotten teeth and an acid stomach.  (I just can't seem to pick a good box of those little citrus fruit.  I love them so much that I keep trying and hoping.  Sigh.)  Maybe I need to graduate to full size oranges and candy canes.

 

By the way.  If you ever want to be taken seriously at work, do NOT sing along with "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" while swinging your elbows in vaudeville fashion.  Just in case it ever comes up *cough*.  Oh, and NEVER finish off with 'jazz hands' and a crazy Disney smile.  Again, not that I know for sure.  *cough cough*.

No comments: