Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh, that was yucky!

While making dinner, I was transferring things back and forth from the fridge. Stupid me left the door open as I walked back and forth. Lately these two puggin-muggins think they can help themselves in there - ever since they realized the open bag of baby carrots "lives" on the bottom shelf. So there he was, helping himself and browsing around. I came around the door, saw his rumpus where it shouldn't be, and called his name. Immediately he booked it! He knew he got something he wasn't supposed to have, so better get scarce before I take it away. I followed him, scolding, but I had no idea what he got. His head was down and he was facing away from me. I finally got him to stop and look at me (used my "mommy voice, I did). What the heck??? He had slime dripping from the edges of his mouth, just hanging there. Then ploop! Out comes a glob of yellow, splat onto the floor. EGG YOLK! He got a raw egg! Silly thing, bit down too hard trying to make a quick get away LOL. A person would think he had some awful disease, the way he looked...long strings of egg white hanging from the corners and yellow yolk drooling out over his chin. Blech! I got it away from him pretty easily (what a mess!), and Ruby helped him clean up whatever had dripped on the ground before I could get there with a paper towel. I think she might have helped clean off his chin too ;). Just as an aside, tearing off the cover of the egg carton and tossing it (it had something sticky spilled on it) makes it easy for a fridge-raiding pug to steal eggs later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a photo of this!