Thursday, February 18, 2010

Scritch Scritch Scratch

I keep getting this odd rash on the inside of my elbows, and now in the middle of my back. Right between the shoulder blades, precisely where I cannot scratch it myself. I have been daydreaming about those bamboo back scratchers (that look like a hand on a stick) they used to sell in discount stores. Now THAT would work perfectly! I have resorted to trying a chopstick (does not work), and rubbing my back on a door frame like a bear. Not. Helping. I am sure that people must think I am an intervenous drug user, because I am constantly scratching my arms. Sometimes I sort of cross them and scratch the insides of both elbows at the same time. Between that and my other twitches (running my hands through my hair, rubbing my eyes, rubbing the outside of my arm, and massaging my leg absentmindedly) I would appear an unsavory character indeed. It's not hives. It kind of reminds me of prickly heat, only it doesn't come on from being warm or anything. And I can't imagine what I am touching with the inside of my elbows and the middle of my back. It can appear, itch intensely for a couple of hours, and then just as quickly receed. Sometimes at home, sometimes at work. Long sleeves, short sleeves, fabric softener, no fabric softener, pure soap or laundry soap. Maybe the universe is trying to send me a message. I'm off to examine the inside of my elbows for "patterns in the chaos" of the raised bumps. Maybe I will see something spelled out in there. Or perhaps I will find symbols, kind of like reading tea leaves. Or maybe I just need to go to bed because I am getting silly. Only time will tell.

No comments: